Dancers In The East and The West

When I was still growing up, not having reached puberty, for thirty or forty days love took away my desire for food. If they spoke of food, I would go like this with my hands and pull back my head. Yes, what time that was. They would give me a mouthful of food. I would accept it and be polite, but conceal it my sleeve.
With suc a love, the Companion with His hot state seized me in the sama. He wass turning me around like a little bird. Like a husky young man who hasn't eaten for three days and finds bread - he grabs it, breaks it quickly an hastily. I was like that in His hand. My two eyes were like two plates full of blood. I was hearing a voice - "He's still raw. Leave him in the corner somwher so he can burn in himself." Now, God forbi, if you had brought a prostitute from the tavern - I was dancing a hundred times more quickly and skillfully. When a sincere man begins to dance, the seven hevens, the earth and all creatures begin to dance. If a Muhammadan beliver is dancing in the east and there is a Muhammadan in the west, he also will be dancing and joyful.

Shams

Me & Rumi - My Years Without Mawlana - Childhood

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar