If A Man Speaks - Shams

It has been said that there are "seventy-two veils of light" but this is to speak deceptively. The veils of light are infinite. Hence His words; Say: "Were the sea ink for the words of my Lord, (the sea would  run out before the Words of my Lord run out, thoug We brought replenisment the like of it).
Unless the seeker reaches these veils, the path will not be opened to him. One must pass beyond these infinite veils to reach the meaning. How can words be compared with meaning? I'm a disbeliever if you know what I'm talking about!
"The generation lacks a large tree" For example, there's a large tree with much fruit, throwing shade over a world, in the midst of a desert. The sun is warm and beneath the tree are a hundred springs with all their attributes. Doesn't anyone ask which tree gave forth this shoot? What was the tree from which this branch was cut, giving such results?
When I was in Aleppo, I was so busy supplicating for Mawlana. I was making a hundred supplications and bringing into my mind things that stir up kindness. I didn't bring to mind anything thath would coold the kindness. However, I had no intention of coming.
If Shihab, the sage of Herat, were to hear what I am saying about the weeping of inanimate things and the laughter of inanimate things, he would have said, in the dialect of Nishapur, "What's this?" The intellect of the philosopher does not reach it.
Do you have any idea where in your body or your heart is the locus of wrath, ease, hardship and other such things? Now, you are that locus, invisible and undesignated. Tongue, letters, organs and other parts are your tools. When a man reaches someplace - from there he makes  it known that for a time he was a man here. How is this connected with A man is concealed by holding his tongue?
For example, there's a whirlpool in an ocean. A whirlpool is dreadful - especially in an ocean. Everyone flees from it. But this man doesn't avoid it. He says, "Certainly I'll pass by."
I talk of the speaking of inanimate things and their acts. The sages deny it. So what should I do with my own eyes? And there's the hadith of the Moaning Pillar.
Now, where is A man is concealed by holding his tongue? Also his words: "If a man speaks, at that very moment I know him, and if the doesn't speak, I'll know him in three days."

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar