Courtesy

The human self churns with doubts and difficulties. The mind can never be rid of these except when it is truly in love—then all its doubts and difficulties vanish. “Your love renders you blind and deaf.” 
For example, when Iblis would not bow down before Adam and opposed God’s command, Iblis said, “My essence is spirit, his essence is clay. Why should the higher bow down before the lower?” So God banished Iblis for opposing and contending with Divine Law. Then Iblis argued, “Alas, O Lord! You made all things. This was Your temptation, and now You are cursing me and banishing me.” 
Yet when Adam sinned, God expelled him from Paradise, but Adam said nothing back. Then God said to Adam, “O Adam, I have held you responsible and punished you for the sin you committed, why did you not argue with Me? After all, you had a perfect case. You could have said, ‘All things proceed from You and are made by You. Whatever You desire in the world comes to pass, and whatever You desire not will never come to pass.’ You had a clear and valid case, why did you not argue it?” 
Adam answered, “I knew that well, Lord, but I did not forget courtesy in Your presence. Because of my love for You I could say nothing.” Thus Adam’s love stayed firm and was not swayed.
Fihi Ma Fih - Discourse 24

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar