I Wonder

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib  said: I wonder at the miser who is speeding towards the very destitution from which he wants to run away and misses the very ease of life which he covets. Consequently, he passes his life in this world like the destitute but will have to render an account in the next world like the rich.
I wonder at the proud man who was just a drop of semen the other day and will turn into a corpse tomorrow.
I wonder at the man who doubts Allah although He sees His creations.
I wonder at him who has forgotten death although he sees people dying.
I wonder at him who denies the second life although he has seen the first.
I wonder at him who inhabits this transient abode but ignores the everlasting one.

From the Sayings and Sermons of Imam Ali Ibn Abu Talib - 126

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar