Toward What Have I Turned My Face?

Three particles are used in taking oaths; wa, bi and ta. Thus we have wa'llah, bi'llah and ta'llah.
The reason these people study in the madrasahs, is, they think, "We'll become tutors, we'll run madrasahs."
They say, "Good deeds - one must act beautifully!" They talk of such things in these assemblies so that they can get positions."
Why do you study knowledge for the sake of worldly mouthfuls?
This rope is for the people to come out of the well, not for them to go from this well into that well.
You must bind yourself to knowing this: "Who am I What substance am I? Why have I come? Where am I going? Whence is my root? At this time what am I doing? Toward what have I turned my face?"

Shams
"Me & Rumi" William C. Chittick - The Profit and Loss of Study

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar