What A Strange and Shoreless Sea

Oh, how colorless and formless I am!
When will I ever see the am that I am?
You said: The secrets that you know, bring forth, put out, talk up!
Where is up or forth within this middle that I am?
When will my soul be still? It moves when motionless, the anima I am.
My sea has drowned within itself; what a strange and shoreless sea I am!
Not in this world not in the next should you seek me out; both this and that have vanished in the world I am.
Like non-existence nothing profits me and nothing harms; what a wondrous useless-harmless thing I am!
I said, Friend, you are just like me! He said, How can you speak of likeness to the obviousness I am?
I said, That’s it, that’s what you are! Silence! No tongue has ever uttered what I am. I said,
Since no tongue has given voice to you,
Here I am! Your unutterable exposition. In annihilation I became inconstant like the moon
Now here I am! Your sure-footed footless runner. A call arose,
Why do you run? Look to see how manifestly hidden that I am
When I saw Shams-i Tabriz, I became.
Now what a wondrous treasure-mine and sea of pearls I am!

Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi (Franklin Lewis, Translation #1759)

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar