Speechless


I am thinking of rhymes, and my Sweetheart says to me, “Do not think of aught except vision of Me.
Sit at thy ease, My rhyme-meditating (friend): in My presence thou art rhymed with (attached to) felicity.
What are words that thou shouldst think of them? What are words? Thorns in the hedge of the vineyard.
I will throw word and sound and speech into confusion, that without these three I may converse with thee.
That word which I kept hidden from Adam I will speak to thee, O (thou who art the) consciousness of the world.
(I will tell to thee) that word which I did not communicate to Abraham, and that pain (love) which Gabriel does not know.”
That word of which the Messiah (Jesus) breathed not a word God, from jealousy, did not utter even without má.
What is má in language? Positive and negative.
I am not positive, I am selfless and negated.
The Masnawi – Volume 1: 1725

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar