Uprooting

Whenever our religion lodges in a heart, it will not withdraw its hand until it brings that heart to God and severs from it all that is untrue.

Another person came to the Prophet and said, “I don’t want this religion. By God, take it back. Ever since I entered your religion I’ve had no peace for a single day. My wealth is gone, my spouse has left, my child cannot be found, my respect is destroyed, my strength is sapped, even my lust has disappeared.”
Mohammed answered, “What did you expect? Wherever our religion goes it does not return without uprooting that person and sweeping clean their house.”
“None but the purified shall touch God.”
So long as there remains in you a single trace of self-love, God will not show His face to you. You will not be worthy of His presence. You must become wholly indifferent to yourself and the world, so that Friend can show His face.
So, whenever our religion lodges in a heart, it will not withdraw its hand until it brings that heart to God and severs from it all that is untrue.
Fihi Ma Fihi - Discourse 26

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar