Doesn't Eat Flesh

At one time a new mosque was built in some neighborhood called Davutpaşa. It was named "Doesn't Eat Flesh". The local ruler wondered about that strange name, thinking; "Did the man who had this mosque built not eat any meat or did he accumulate the money by not eating any meat? Why ever did he give such a name? I must find out." So he invited the man to the palace for dinner and served soup which had meat in it. The fellow ate everything with no complaint.
The ruler asked;
-"I see you're eating meat, why did you give the name "Doesn't Eat Flesh" to the mosque?"
-"Oh, I eat meat. I meant to say that I don't backbite, I don't eat flesh of a man. I have made it my principle so I gave that name to the mosque."
Please remember, say what you want to say infront of the people, don't say when they are not in presence. If your words are not pleasant or constructive, don't say them at all...

Discussions on Rumi -
Hasan Dede's Own Words By Ayşe Özalp and Carole J. Douglas

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar