To Shine On People

One moonlit summer night, Mevlana came to the side of a mill. While he was watching the mill stone turning, he cried out loud;
"Oh Dear Lord, what is my sin? You've made the world a millstone and me; a grain of wheat. Why do you put me through this torture?"
This response came; "My dear master Jelaluddin, how do you see the grain of wheat under the millstone?"
"By the light of the moon."
"The light also shines under the millstone. Does the millstone harm the light?"
"No, my Lord."
"The grain of wheat is your "nefs"; your nefs is being chastised. If your heart is dedicated to Me, it's like the light; it has no pain. We have sent you to earth to shine on people, to enlighten them."...(to be continued)

Discussions on Rumi...Hasan Dede's Own Words By Ayşe Özalp and Carole J. Douglas

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar