Fakir

There is nothing in this world that belongs to us. Our eyes see with God's power. Our tongue speaks with His power. Our ears hear with His power... The liveliness in all our limbs belong to God. From this point, how can we use the phrase 'I' and 'you'?
In the past, 'I' and 'you' weren't used by members of the Mevlevi way, because all are manifestation of God. Instead, a term 'fakir' is used expressing the idea of one's 'modesty' and nonexistence.
Today, words such as 'I' and 'you' are spoken for daily communication in society. You're forced to use the word 'I', otherwise you will not be understood by ordinary people. But when you use 'I', don't use it to feel proud; deep inside remind yourself that you are what you are because of God...(to be continued)
Discussions on Rumi...Hasan Dede's Own Words By Ayşe Özalp and Carole J. Douglas

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar