Flying Away From The Material Workshop

This is Love; to fly heavenward,
To rend, every instant, a hundred veils.
The first moment, to renounce life;
The last step, to fare without feet.
To regard this world as invisible,
Not to see what appears to one's self.
'O heart,' I said, may it bless thee
To have entered the circle of lovers,
To look beyond the range of the eye,
To penetrate the windings of the bosom!
Whence did this breath come to thee,
O my soul, Whence this throbbing,
O my heart? O bird, speak the language of birds;
I call understand thy hidden meaning.
The soul answered; I was in the Divine Factory
While the house of water and clay was a-baking. 
I was flying away from the material workshop
While the workshop was being created.
When I could resist no more, they dragged me
To mould me into shape like a ball.

Selected Poems from the Divani Shamsi Tabriz Edited and Translated by R. A. Nicholson

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar