Two Forms Two Figures One Soul

Happy the moment when we, you and I, sit in the palace,
with two forms and two figures but with one soul, you and I.
The beauty of the garden and the birdsong will confer upon us
the water of life at that time when we enter the garden, you and I.
The stars of heaven will come to gaze on us; we shall show
them the moon itself, you and I.
You and I, unselfed, will be collected together in ecstasy,
joyful, and indifferent to idle fable, you and I.
The parrots of heaven will all be sugar-cracking in the place where
we laugh in suchwise, you and I.
This is still more amazing, that you and I here in one corner
in this very moment are in Iraq and Khorasan, you and I.
In one form upon this earth, and in another form in eternal paradise
and the land of sugar, you and I.

Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi (Mystical poems of Rumi- A.J. Arberry)

Yorumlar

Popüler Yayınlar